WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF REP-UNITS?
WHAT ARE RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECT UNITS (REP-UNITS)?
Similar to a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement (VPPA), Geronimo Energy’s Renewable Energy Project Units (REP-Units) represent a portion of a large wind or solar project’s energy output. A customer purchases REP-Units and receives the environmental attributes of those units, but does not physically take the power produced by those units. Geronimo then sells the “brown” power from those units into the market. Geronimo and the customer settle the difference between the Contract for Difference price and the market price. There can be multiple REP-Unit holders per project.
- A single REP-Unit is equivalent to 10 megawatts (MW)
- Every REP-Unit is from a project that is additive (new-build project), and customers receive Green-E Certified Renewable Energy Credits (RECs)
- Easy to purchase – each contract offers a fixed price for the energy produced via a fixed-for-floating swap and a 10-15 year term
- Financially settled – no change in your day-to-day operations
- Volume discounts available (ranging from 0.5 to 2.0%)
RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECT UNITS (REP-UNITS)
ABOUT GERONIMO ENERGY
Geronimo Energy is a utility-scale renewable energy development company headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Geronimo has developed over 1,600 megawatts of wind and solar projects that are either operational or currently under construction. Geronimo has a multi-gigawatt development pipeline of wind and solar projects in various stages of development throughout the United States. Geronimo provides custom renewable energy development solutions for utilities and corporations looking to harness renewable energy for business growth. Geronimo Energy understands the intricacies of corporate Virtual Power Purchase Agreements and offers renewable energy expertise in the commercial and industrial markets. Geronimo’s renewable energy purchasing solutions streamline and accelerate corporate purchasing of off-site, large-scale wind and solar energy.